Associate Creative Director, Writing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We believe strongly that design matters. Design has always been at the heart of Apple and the work that we do. And the Design Team is at the creative core of Marcom. The ACD role requires a strong ability to manage a team of writers and their assignments, take on projects yourself, and collaborate cross functionally with other team leads (including ACDs of Design and Interactive and Motion). You will be responsible for the guidance, career growth, and management of a team of writers. In this role, you will be instrumental in creating and directing work across Events, Retail, Channel, Packaging and internal projects. This includes, but is not limited to; product launches, Retail store openings, Event signage, and Packaging start up guides.
- 8-10 years of creative and conceptual writing experience
- You have strong management and interpersonal skills.
- You have a diverse portfolio of creative writing samples
- You are a great writer who has strong narrative skills and understands the nuances of the Apple voice.
- You have an incredible eye for detail.
- You cogently and articulately present and defend creative work.
- You have the ability to collaborate with senior executives.
- You have an insatiable love for writing.
- You have a strong ability to flex and work in an often ambiguous environment.
- You are extremely detail oriented with exceptional follow-through skills and an ability to focus on creative goals.
CHANNEL Every day, millions of consumers around the world interact with Apple and its products in the Indirect Channel through mobile, digital, and in-store experiences. The Indirect Channel plays a hugely important role for Apple, with Channel Marcom driving strategies to provide customers a thoughtful, engaging, and seamless experience. In the role of Associate Creative Director of Writing, you will be directly responsible for writing (and overseeing the writing) effective communications that will live in our Channel environments. This position involves responsibility for creating clear and compelling writing proposals that can scale across all of our Channel programs as well as maintaining consistency across all the different Channel deliverables and product campaigns throughout the year. RETAIL Apple’s retail stores are the face of Apple. It’s where more than 500 million people connect with Apple in over 500 stores every year. From New Store Openings, to the Holiday Campaign, to Today at Apple, to signage, to t-shirts, to screen savers, video wall assets, etc. we touch everything Retail. The ideal candidate is a strong leader in addition to being a strong writer and conceptual thinker with experience managing teams and building strong relationships with key partners. This person must be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude. Excelling in this position will require a deep understanding of the complete consumer journey and the different retail services we offer.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree preferred.