Business Operations, Apple Music Business
New York City, New York, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and urge you to apply. We Believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Overview Apple is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial individual with a passion for music and entertainment to support the central Apple Music Business Team in translating its key objectives and initiatives into scalable solutions and work-flows. The output of your efforts will provide communications, structure, process, education and tools for the worldwide label rep team to utilize in meeting goals. Working cross-functionally, the Business Operations Leader will develop and maintain processes, systems, and frameworks, to provide a global, unified approach, to support initiatives, engage partners and achieve its key objectives. Serving as a business partner to a broad array of stakeholders, the Business Operations Leader will ensure that key business functions are connecting to and supporting its initiatives. The Apple Music Business team sits at the intersection of external music industry stakeholders—labels, artists, managers, publishers—and the broader Apple Music organization with a focus on driving mutually beneficial business goals.
- You are a solutions-oriented critical thinker and complex problem solver
- You possess a keen ability to translate mission critical objectives into scalable operating frameworks
- You can develop and maintain an array of relationships with key partners across a broad organization
- Are you are dependable and collaborative, resourceful in meeting your needs, while respecting boundaries?
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to take on challenges while maintaining and even keep and sense of humor
- You view dependencies as a challenge, not an impediment and are dogged in finding solutions
- Do you have excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail?
- Ability to lead multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic environment
- Do you have a strong knowledge of, and passion for music?
- Do you have three to five years of experience in digital media—a subscription service, media agency or commercial digital music/media platform?
- You have a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcasts, iTunes U, Trailers, Apple TV, etc.)
- You are skilled at developing and exercising cross-functional influence; translating between business owners and technical teams.
Develop, coordinate and disseminate partner communications to ensure ongoing alignment with business efforts and objectives Define, structure and design business intelligence presentations Devise partner outreach collateral materials You will craft educational tools that will help the team to perform its duties Develop and maintain a promotional framework that uses all opportunities to the mutual benefit of the business and its partners You'll build a knowledge base to be utilized by the team and its key partners Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish
Education & Experience
Desired degree in Liberal Arts, Music Business, Media Studies or related field.