Retail Financing Operations Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little direction should fuel your creativity? As part of Apple’s Retail Commerce and Digital team, you will be a key member managing external partners that provide financing solutions to Apple Retail customers. This highly transparent role will be responsible for ensuring the smooth execution and operation of partner-related financing solutions at Apple. This will require you to work closely with engineering, finance, operations, legal, market development, and customer support teams. If customer issues arise, you will be responsible for coordinating teams to thoroughly understand the problem and impact to the customer experience, and define a plan on how to resolve it. This will include outlining key action items, owners, and timing. The role will also require clear communication with cross-functional teams to provide updates to executive leadership or other teams within Apple Retail.
- Payments, financing, and bank systems knowledge.
- Strong partner management skills.
- Keen sense of customer experience and understating of impact when issues arise.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to interact at all levels with internal and external business partners, as well as cross-functional teams.
- Ability to operate independently and actively, to dig into problems and help resolve issue.
- Excellent project management and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization to keep teams engaged to resolve issues and appraised of progress.
- Proven ability to effectively assess, prioritize, and execute simultaneous issues/projects.
- Willing to roll up their sleeves to understand the problem and drive to a solution.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Bachelor degree. Technical background a plus.
Actively manage and coordinate partner activities with Apple Retail’s technical and business teams to ensure great execution of financing solutions and smooth ongoing operations. If operational issues arise, mobilize various cross-functional teams (internal and external) to assess issue, identify who/how to resolve problem, and ensure full follow up with teams. Communicate clearly with internal teams on operations and critical issues. Open, track, and report on systems issues. Organize meetings and drives issues to closure. Work directly with technical teams to define required system changes to address problems & issues. Define & report critical metrics which clearly communicate status of systems and operational issues. Provides feedback to projects teams on future system or operational enhancements needed to improve financing solutions. Drives process changes to improve customer experience. Coordinates with internal & external partners to ensure Retail specialists and external vendor well-trained and up to date on such changes. Assists in driving future roadmap of improvements for all financing programs.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.