PHY Circuit Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for an ambitious and exceptionally talented PHY circuit design engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. In this role, you will be at the center of a PHY design effort interfacing with architecture, CAD, timing and logic design teams, with a critical impact on delivering best in class PHY designs. You will be required to do physical designs of industry leading PHY design. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of Circuit Design experience on high PHY Circuit designs.
- Knowledge about industry standards and practices in SPICE Experience in developing and implementing Circuit specifications
- Solid Understanding of all aspects of Circuit Design of PHY. IO's, DLLs etc.
- Working Knowledge of Basic SoC Architecture and HDL languages like Verilog to be able with logic design team
- Working knowledge of Extraction and STA methodology and tools Good understanding of Circuit Verification tools like EMIR, Noise, SigEM, clocks etc.
- Generate block/chip level spec for the circuits. Work with the layout team to come up with efficient layout design for the circuits including floor-plan, pin placement and power grid etc.
- Develop and validate high performance Circuit requirements using SPICE. Perform block level verification to close the design to meet timing, area and power constraints.
- Implement ECOs to fix timing, noise and EM IR violations when necessary.
- Participate in establishing CAD and physical design methodologies for correct by construction designs.
As a Circuit Design engineer you will be involved with all phases of design of high performance PHY design from RTL to delivery of our final GDSII.
Education & Experience
Masters Degree or Bachelors Degree in technical disciplines