Industrial Hygiene Specialist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. You will have a deep understanding of occupational health and safety requirements and workplace evaluation as well as a knowledge of applicable regulations and laws. A demonstrated ability to effectively interact and influence senior management is essential. You will be responsible for providing to industrial hygiene field support to Apple’s office and research facilities in Santa Clara Valley sites. Key responsibility for coordinating and performing industrial hygiene surveys and exposure assessments. Areas of support include but are not limited to indoor air quality, respiratory protection, hearing conservation, lead safety, chemical safety, and radiation safety.
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of applicable OSHA regulations and standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to influence without authority
- Able to work independently
- Provide IH field services for the sites, including but not limited to: - Lead and mold surveys - Local exhaust ventilation assessments - Indoor air quality evaluations - Exposure monitoring and sampling - Personal protective equipment - Hazard assessments and controls - Maintain industrial hygiene sampling equipment - Generate industrial hygiene reports - Assist in development of new industrial hygiene exposure assessment protocols - Partner with various site departments, including EHS, Facilities, and Project Management
Education & Experience
- BS in industrial hygiene, health and safety, chemical or physical sciences
- - Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently.
- - Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor.
- - Actively practice teamwork, working within the organization and throughout other parts of the company to achieve results.
- - Take initiative and challenge the status quo.
- - Deliver more than the customer expects.
- - Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- - Drive for results.