Senior Software Engineer (Check-out Apps) - Apple Online Store
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Come join a brand new team being built from the ground up in Austin! Help establish the foundation of engineering best practices with other highly motivated and talented people. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Today, the Apple Online Store (AOS) provides one of the best multichannel commerce experiences in the world, and operates in 37 countries worldwide. At AOS, its Engineering team is responsible for the global ecommerce platform that serves millions of customers around the world. This is an extraordinary opportunity for talented Software Engineers with a proven track record of delivering complex software applications to focus on the design and development of the core services and fabric of an ecommerce system. The position will provide architecture, design, development and project management leadership across multiple projects.
- 10 years overall Software Engineer/Developer experience. Programming in Java, Scala or C++ with experience in Spring or other MVC frameworks. Sharp analytical abilities and validated design skills.
- Develop multi-tier scalable, high-volume performing, and reliable user-centric web applications. Expertise in application security.
- Knowledge and experience with state of the art architecture.
- Experienced knowledge of computer science, with extraordinary understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design. Validated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and dynamic environment.
- Experience in containerisation and container management, and working within geo distributed teams a plus. Strong leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and the best engineering practices.
- We seek a self starter, visionary person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Experience with high traffic ecommerce applications, or online merchandising web sites. Experience with reactive, event driven architectures like Akka, Play Frameworks. Working knowledge of software development methods and processes including Waterfall and Agile development practices. Experience working in a Unix environment. Excellent organisational and documentation skills.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree in a Computer Science or Equivalent in Engineering.