Engineering Manager, Health Special Projects
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
JOB SUMMARY Our ever-evolving suite of Heath and Wellness products for iPhone and Watch are helping our users live more active, healthier lives. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same dedication to innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product? The Health Special Projects team at Apple is seeking an iOS Engineering Manager to drive development, release and support for ResearchKit, CareKit and new Prototype engineering efforts. Our team features a collaborative environment with creative, smart people and groundbreaking technologies. Engineering excellence is expected and encouraged. Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn’t know of yet!
- You should have at least 3 years of experience in managing engineering teams.
- You exhibit empathy for team dynamics, style, and architecture challenges across platforms
- Proven expertise and experience in iOS application development
- Proficient in one or more of the following languages: Objective-C or Swift
- You have track record shipping high quality software products
- Deep understanding of unit/integration/acceptance/performance testing
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineering technologies, methodologies and practices
- Excellent communication, leadership, and presentation skills
- Dedication to identifying and communicating innovative ideas to foster partnerships
- You'd ideally have some experience within the Health and Wellness space
We’re looking for a strong engineering manager who can lead the development of cutting-edge health products in partnership with stakeholders across our Hardware, Regulatory and Clinical organizations. In this critical, highly visible role, you will lead and mentor a development team in product design, integration, and launch of cutting-edge technologies for world-renowned Apple products including Apple Watch and iPhone. You will be responsible for setting engineering standards, as well as shape and scope projects from inception. Additionally, you are responsible for continuously enhancing and expanding the long-term capabilities of the team. This includes understanding long-term needs of customers and a keen eye for anticipating what is next. We are firm believers in collaboration and we believe that building professional partnerships with teams across the company is the key to success. Do you have strong acumen towards both technology and people skills? Then we believe you belong here.
Education & Experience
BSCS or Equivalent