Senior Software Engineer - Big Data Machine Learning Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Apple Online Store Engineering technology and services power the Apple Online Store and Retail systems. Our platforms are highly performant and deployed at scale. The Apple Online Store Machine Learning Platform is looking for a self-driven engineer who will help deliver data solutions to key business problems.
- Industry experience in crafting, implementing and delivering complex, scalable and resilient data pipelines and services.
- Deep understanding of data processing and distributed systems technologies (Hadoop, MapReduce, Oozie, Flume, Spark batch / streaming / SQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Solr, Impala).
- Strong programming skills with proficiency in Java / Scala / SQL.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with integrating model training and inference in data pipelines.
- Clear and effective communicator with a collaborative mindset.
- Experience with large scale data warehousing, mining or analytic systems.
- Ability to work with analysts to gather requirements and translate them into data engineering tasks.
- The ability to independently learn new technologies.
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
As part of a small team, you will own significant responsibility for business critical products which help customers make best use of their data and optimize their performance. You will build a deep understanding of the data sets that are the foundation of the business and apply statistical /machine learning models to solve complex business problems. You will build the scalable data pipelines and reliable services. You will collaborate across other engineering teams, data scientists , product managers and business operations to not only build the features, but validate, measure and experiment at scale. As a member of the Machine Learning Platform team, you will have significant responsibility and influence in shaping its future direction. This role is inherently multi-functional and the ideal candidate will work across disciplines. We are looking for someone with a love for data and ability to iterate quickly on all stages of a data pipeline. This position involves developing large scale data pipelines and analytical solutions using Big Data technologies. Successful candidates will have strong engineering and communication skills, as well as a belief that data driven processes lead to great products. You will need to have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems.
Education & Experience
Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or similar discipline. 5+ yrs of professional experience.