Sr. Administrative Assistant, AI/ML
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and experienced administrative assistant to support two of the leaders in our Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) organization. Under minimal supervision, the effective assistant will provide day-to-day administrative support with a strong customer service focus. The individual will work in the context of broader admin teams and be part of the AI/ML admin community. Duties include, but are not limited to procuring goods and services, generating reports, expense management, calendar management, event planning, and providing cover for the Executive Admin for the SVP of AI/ML.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technology and to easily acquire new technical skills.
- Proven ability to plan and track group events, including off-site facilities, food, and travel.
- Quickly refer problems/issues to the appropriate person(s).
- Works as a competent member of the team, and willingly provides back-up support for co-works when appropriate and actively supports group goals.
- Must be flexible, quick to learn new skills/knowledge, handle rapid change effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated the ability to manage multiple projects, and conflicting priorities without loss of composure.
- Excellent organizational skills & constant attention to detail. These skills are critical in the management of time, space, tasks, and projects.
- Possesses excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Understands the most important aspect of communication is listening and closing the loop on assigned work.
- Produces well-thought-out professional written emails/communication.
- Ability to solve administrative problems by offering and implementing recommendations.
- Uses analytical skills and a deep understanding of business to effectively interpret needs and solve problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action, while prioritizing work based on the changing demands.
- Manage finances including expense reports, budget updates, and interaction with finance specialists.
- Ability to manage calendars and plan meetings for 2+ senior leaders.
Thrive in a dynamic environment, and demonstrate flexibility in the face of change. Be pro-active in nature and have an excellent sense of judgment Handle confidential information with tact and integrity – must consistently use good judgment and discretion Be a quick learner Work effectively without constant and direct supervision. Have a significant level of professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and discretion. Be technically savvy, able to use and troubleshoot common programs & systems, Mac experience a plus.
Education & Experience
AA or BA/BS degree, and 5-10 years of demonstrated experience performing relevant admin work in a technology-centric company. A minimum of 3 years supporting engineering teams.