Marcom Group Interactive Director
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Marcom is seeking a senior digital leader to help run our planning, management and delivery across Apple’s owned and distributed interactive marketing platforms. In this role you will directly oversee the Interactive Producer organization, a diverse set of producers and product managers responsible for planning and delivery across Apple.com, Apple Retail platforms (online and in-store), Apple branded Channel platforms (online and in-store), 3rd party platforms and emerging digital ecosystem areas. You will partner closely with the Interactive Group Creative Director, and the Interactive Technology Director to define and drive the interactive strategic, creative, technology and executional roadmap that will help transform the way people learn about, experience and shop for Apple products and services. You will join an established strategic, creative and production team, and collaborate across the multi-disciplinary Marcom organization, and across the broader Apple, to successfully deliver experiences that surprise and delight our customers.
- You have 15-20 years of experience with deep background in interactive strategy, delivery and technology, in an agency/studio, and company setting
- You have a strong vision for technology, ensuring that it does what it should and operates in a safe way
- You have substantive platform .com, app, eCommerce, and emerging technology experience, with various software development methodologies
- You have experience with program and product management functions for transactional web sites.
- You have project management process expertise in leading traditional Interactive site work, mobile app development, as well as platform project management.
- You have experience playing a key role as part of a leadership team which drives a culture and vision for a digital organization
- You are an enthusiastic leader who can motivate, inspire, and lead a team through ambiguous situations.
- You are assertive, action oriented, goal driven, decisive, self assured, daring
- You are hands on, supporting your teams by understanding and guiding the end to end interactive process
- You are detail oriented, responsible for implementation with strong process definition
- You have strong analytical skills, can understand customer data, and convert into insights and actions
- You can forge strong relationships with ability to influence without authority
- You can effectively work with senior and executive stakeholders
- You have superlative written and verbal skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- You can balance working in a creatively driven organization with an analytical and focused approach to marketing, and you can support, understand, and improve the creative process
We are responsible for leading the overarching digital strategy, delivery of the marketing communications for respective products, services and initiatives. We partner with Executive teams in Marcom and throughout Apple to ensure alignment on priorities, strategy and objectives. We have oversight of Apple’s owned interactive marketing ecosystem, creating a seamless experience for our customers We team with Brand strategic, creative and business leaders in Marcom to deliver communications across customer touchpoint We lead teams that partner closely with Apple Product Marketing, PR, HI, ID, Services, to deliver the digital marketing plans for marcom work and initiatives. We are passionate and active in communicating Apple’s dedication to Accessibility, Environment, Privacy, Inclusion and Diversity and Human Rights. We work with Apple Geo Interactive Directors providing operational direction for Apple’s WW Marketing communications, as well as specific Geo campaigns. We deliver new approaches to the planning, development, and execution of Apple’s communications in our given brand or area expertise, including working to develop process, structure and staffing, resources, and external support. We enthusiastically build rapport, credibility, and influence, and we get results throughout the organization at all levels and across departments in a highly matrixed organization. We use our strong strategic and creative point of view to act as advocates within the Marcom community in order to push work forward. We demonstrate creativity in problem solving, dynamic and unconventional thinking, and quick adaptation to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree is preferred.