Legal Counsel, Corporate Purchasing - Corporate Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. We have a fantastic new opportunity for a talented lawyer to join our team of diverse, creative, and passionate people providing legal support for Apple corporate purchasing around the globe. Join us in a fast-paced world of varied projects that build the foundation for Apple programs and initiatives. With passion, dedication, and a desire to tackle challenges, you will play a crucial role as we help provide the legal support needed for Apple to run its global operations. You will be a key partner to a wide array of Apple teams, including Procurement, Employee Benefits/Wellness, Retail, Facilities, Recruiting, EH&S, Finance, and Learning & Development.
- 5+ years of transactional experience drafting, negotiating, and advising on commercial agreements (including services agreements)
- Strong communication and analytical skills with the ability to assess and articulate complex and nuanced legal issues clearly and concisely
- Creative problem-solver who can take a leadership role in transactions and resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and practical ways
- Ability to develop and facilitate collaboration by cultivating relationships and effectively counseling, collaborating, and communicating with legal and cross-functional partners
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience with privacy regulations, employee benefits plans/programs, and IP licensing is a plus
In this role, you will join a team of attorneys working with global business partners across Apple to support Apple’s corporate operations worldwide. Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills and an advanced understanding of standard commercial contract terms and conditions is required. You will collaborate with other legal groups and cross-functional business teams (including Corporate Procurement, Employee Benefits/Wellness, Recruiting, Retail, Facilities, EH&S, Finance, and Learning & Development) to strategize on, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of inbound services agreements in support of Apple’s corporate operations. Your daily responsibilities will range from cross-border negotiations and drafting of complex commercial terms, to representing Legal at business partner staff meetings and training sessions. In this role, you will handle a high-volume of projects, meet short deadlines, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar