RFIC Layout Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
JOB SUMMARY The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs. Our transceivers have powered wireless connectivity solutions for Apple wearable products, enabling the smallest form factor at the lowest power envelope. You will have the opportunity to do innovative development in transceiver design while working closely with systems and product teams at Apple. Layout is an integral part of Analog circuit / RF design. We are searching for a passionate and self-motivated leader to join the team. You will work closely with RFIC designers to layout and verify custom RF and Analog IP for complex SoC products. Would you like to take up the challenge to create future connectivity solutions at Apple?
- You would need the following to succeed in this role:
- - Hands-on experience in custom RF/analog layout with working knowledge on deep sub-micron CMOS (28nm and lower with FinFet experience preferred)
- - Strong knowledge on layout techniques for matching, isolating and shielding signals and devices, minimizing parasitics, and routing high frequency lines
- - Deep understanding of CMOS device structures, LDE and DFM effects, EMIR and RC delay analysis, and coupling of signals
- - Ability to recognize and resolve failure prone circuit and layout structures
- - High proficiency in Cadence and Mentor Graphics layout / verification tools and interpretation of verification reports
- - Team play spirit with excellent communication skills to work with various teams in the company and make presentations to upper management
- - Ability to accurately plan and allocate layout resources for multiple projects
- - 15+ years RF and analog/mixed-signal layout experience with 7+ years management experience
As a RF IC design manager, you will be leading the efforts for providing RF solutions for wireless chips. Responsibilities include: - Work with platform architects, system and digital design groups to define the requirements for RF and baseband blocks based on the system requirement. - Work with technology team on process selection for the target device. - Lead transistor-level feasibility studies of RF/mixed-signal circuit blocks and architectures. - Design various component blocks inside radio including RF front-ends, baseband filters/VGAs, LO/PLL circuits, data converters, and power management circuits. - Provide guidance on RF analog issues across Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.