Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At the Siri International team within Apple we bring the Siri intelligent assistant to our customers worldwide in over 40 languages and dialects. Join us, and tackle some of the most challenging problems in natural language processing and large scale applied machine learning. You will build cutting edge natural language understanding technologies and deploy them on a global scale. Your work will advance and shape the future vision of our multi-lingual, multi-cultural Siri assistant, and Search applications used by millions across the world
- Extensive track record of scientific research in NLP and Machine Learning, or similar experience in developing language technologies for shipping products.
- Strong coding and software engineering skills in a mainstream programming language, such as Python, Java, C/C++.
- Familiarity with NLP/ML tools and packages like Caffe, pyTorch, TensorFlow, Weka, scikit-learn, nltk, etc.
- Practical experience building production quality applications related to natural language processing and machine learning.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and ability to apply them in data driven natural language processing systems.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions, perform critical analysis, and use creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
We are looking for a highly motivated technologist with a strong background in Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning research. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of taking research ideas to real-world applications. In this position you will apply your problem solving skills to challenges and opportunities within Siri International, which involves development of large-scale language technologies for many natural languages worldwide. The primary responsibility of this role is to conduct research and develop innovative machine learning, artificial intelligence and NLP solutions for multi-lingual conversational agents. You will have the opportunity to investigate cutting edge research methods that will improve customer experience of our products and enable our engineers to scale these technologies across a variety of natural languages. You will also provide technical leadership and experiment-driven insights for engineering teams on their machine learning modeling and data decisions. You will play a central role in defining the future technical directions of Siri International through quick prototyping, critical analysis and development of core multi-lingual NLP technologies.
Education & Experience
* PhD in Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field with specialization in natural language processing and/or machine learning, OR * Masters degree in a related field with a strong academic/industrial track record. * Hands-on research experience in an academic or industrial setting.