RE&D Electrical Technician
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Santa Clara Valley Critical Services Group at Apple is growing and we need ambitious, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. We have an excellent opportunity for an onsite electrical technician to support our maintenance and operations team. Our primary responsibility as a team is to utilize our respective technical acumen to ensure the campus is operating at the highest levels while maintaining critical environments without compromising efficiency. Close coordination with all Real Estate & Development groups is expected, including but not limited to the Facility Service Center (FSC), Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), Maintenance & Operations (MAOPS), Project Management, Energy Efficiency partners and contracted technical support. Common work tasks include installation and repair of electrical systems and devices as well as installation and repair of industrial machinery electronics. Additionally, the installation of electrical supply wiring and conduit for new equipment should be routine. Also posses the ability to deploy electronic test equipment in an effort to collect data to drive space use decisions. All work is to follow California Electrical Code, manufacturer manuals, schematic diagrams, record drawings and any other pertinent specifications.
- Experience with industrial electrical systems and troubleshooting, installation, testing and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand, power, and precision measuring tools
- Experience maintaining & operating critical infrastructure inclusive of UPS’s, PDU’s, generators, fuel storage, switchgear, transfer switches, static switches and leak detection systems
- A keen understanding of the engineering design and operational aspects of Data Center critical infrastructure systems and equipment in order to recognize system issues and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Familiarity with HVAC and electrical controls installation, field devices and control panel layout
- Competency in navigating and operating lighting control systems including Lutron, Enlighted, Light and Wattstopper
- Keen ability to tackle problems malfunctioning electrical systems and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a failure and take corrective measures
- Proficient in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures using testing devices such as VOM, amperage, power quality meters and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of installed electrical systems
- Awareness of applicable regulatory codes per County, State and Federal electrical codes
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple requests with a constant focus on deadlines
- Excellent organizational, documentation and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills - the ability to distill a relatively complex idea into an easily understood explanation
- Familiarity with the use of all applicable Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE)
- User experience with Apple products a plus.
- Self-starting customer service oriented individual focused on results.
Demonstrating a positive and approachable demeanor is very important while displaying strong analytical skills along with the ability to internalize complex issues and data with ease and efficiency to take on problems. The ability to operate with an ambitious spirit by taking initiative and always challenging themselves and the team to improve the customer experience we provide as a group. Actively practicing collaboration and innovative thinking while being focused on results. Ability to multi-task and tackle ambiguity in a results oriented environment.
Education & Experience
Four (4) years of journey level electrical experience; OR, Completion of a four-year federally approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance and two (2) years electrical experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.