NLP Engineer, Internationalization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At the Siri International team within Apple we bring the Siri Intelligent Assistant to our customers worldwide in over 40 languages and dialects. Join us, and tackle some of the most challenging problems in natural language processing and large scale applied machine learning. You will build cutting edge natural language understanding technologies and deploy them on a global scale. Your work will advance and shape the future vision of our multi-lingual, multi-cultural Siri assistant, macOS/iOS SDKs, and Search applications used by millions across the world.
- Strong Java/C/C++ programming skills.
- Practical experience working on Linux or iOS/macOS platforms.
- Experience developing applications related to natural language processing for shipping products.
- Experience building and architecting production quality and large scale deployment of applications.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas / solutions and perform critical analysis by applying creative approaches for solving complex problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience.
We are looking for a highly motivated experienced platform engineer with background in text processing, natural language processing and internationalization to design, develop and deploy software solutions that impact millions of Apple customers worldwide. The primary responsibility of this role is to develop core platform and internationalization technologies required for NLP for various languages as well as tools and processes to help build high quality linguistic resources for use in macOS and iOS components. You will bring creative ideas for existing and future Apple products / services and leverage the power of large amount of data to solve complex NLP and machine learning problems. Success in this role means not only developing NLP technologies that scale internationally but also working in a highly collaborative environment with teams across Apple to adopt their frameworks and technologies whenever appropriate, contribute back whenever necessary.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS/Electrical or related field with specialization in natural language processing and/or machine learning.
- * Knowledge of internationalization tools and standards.
- * Machine learning experience.
- * Proficiency in more than one language.