Manager Database Engineering
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we are looking for a passionate Database Engineer to help be responsible for the large scale data store environments. This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions to ever growing business and data processing needs. Individual can go to the depths to solve complex problems and have the curiosity to explore and learn new technologies for innovative solutions. If you love to engage internet scale challenges then this is the right job for you. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here.
- Domain expertise in RDBMS technologies Oracle, MySQL, and Vertica
- Strong understanding of internals of RDBMS engines, tracing, processes, physical layer and logical layers is required
- Experience in various Clustering and Sharding architectures
- Expertise in various data replication technologies for HA and DR
- Expertise in writing Java Programs
- Experience in crafting high throughput data replication platforms
- Deep understanding of various security requirements in Data replication and App designs.
- Performance tuning at different levels App Code, Sql Layer, RDBMS engine and Operating System
- Proficient in Python, SQL, Shell
- Good in depth understanding of the Linux in term of debugging tools and performance tuning
- Strong working knowledge of Linux kernel, multi-process, multi-thread and time critical environments
- Knowledge of TCP/IP stack, network tuning and troubleshooting
- Familiar with source control systems like git
- Experience in working with large volumes of data and be able to focus on orchestration, automation, and monitoring of services in any environment
- Collaborate with developers and other partners to triage and resolve technical and user issues.
- Work with app teams in architecting data modeling, analyzing complex workload patterns and making changes to optimize overall performance.
- Communicate complex technical solutions in clear, concise and easily readable format to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Support the development of fellow team members on a professional and technical level
- You have excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
We require a passionate individual who likes large scale challenges and innovate on complex tasks. Who has the ability to think out of the box creatively to come up with different technology solutions or architectures to meet business requirement. We requires you to work independently on live production performance issues working with different teams.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Expertise in Java