Front End Web Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
In the Siri International team we build high quality Siri solutions for all of Apple’s international customers, and deliver them to their favorite Apple devices, in over 40 languages and dialects. As a Frontend Web Engineer, you will be working on building scalable, responsive, and user friendly web applications. Your responsibilities will include all the phases of Frontend development. From architecture design and Framework selection all the way to implementation and testing. We’re looking for a talented engineer with a passion for technology and problem solving.
- 3+ years experience in building responsive and user friendly web applications
- Ability to produce reliable, resilient, performant and well tested code
- Proficient knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with others
You will participate in engineering design discussions and will be responsible for the end user experience. Your role includes designing and implementing production quality web applications. You will need to be comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a rapidly changing environment with ever-changing priorities. We are passionate about user experience and crafting best in class products. That passion extends to the applications that our team is responsible for, and you will be expected to ensure that our applications serve our users in the best possible manner.
Education & Experience
* BS/MS degree in computer science or related field, equivalent experience
- * Full-stack development experience
- * Ability to perform well in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- * Basic understanding of at least one scripting language (python, perl) and shell scripting
- * Experience with MongoDB and Node.JS
- * Basic understanding of modular design, ES6, WebSockets, client-side caching, etc.
- * Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- * Data visualization with D3.js or other framework
- * Performance analysis