Senior Prototyping Engineer (Imaging Science)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it. You'll work hard. But the job comes with more than a few perks. We are looking for talented imaging experts to be part of our camera prototyping team. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the future of Apple imaging products. The ideal candidate will have expertise in imaging systems, camera system modeling, and color science. The candidate should also be familiar with state of the art computer graphics rendering techniques, and have hands-on experience with high end image processing software for look development, rendering, and compositing.
- At least 8+ years relevant industry experience.
- Expertise in camera characterization and modeling.
- Expertise in photography and photographic principles. Expertise in color science and colorimetry.
- Experience with CMOS image sensors and imaging technology. Experience with image processing algorithms.
- Experience with measurement automation.
- Experience with machine learning, especially in image and video domains.
- Experience with optical concepts, optical design.
- Experience with scene-referred, high dynamic range imaging, image based lighting, and global illumination.
- Experience with setting up distributed/batch rendering pipelines.
- Familiarity with state of the art computer graphics software packages such as Maya, VRay, etc is a plus.
- Familiarity with asset modeling, look development, and lighting is a plus. Familiarity with Python, C/C++, and Objective-C.
- Familiarity with computational photography concepts and algorithms. Familiar with writing shaders for a ray tracer is a plus.
- Great interpersonal skills - the ability to collaborate across groups.
As part of the Camera Incubation team, you will work with a multi-disciplinary group of computer vision and imaging scientists, optical and electrical engineers, and computer graphics experts to build experience prototypes and develop advanced technologies for future products. Simulation and modeling of camera-based systems, and using results to tune ISP. Designing and performing laboratory experiments, analyzing the data, and integrating the results back into the model. Using computer control (Python, Matlab, etc.) to automate repetitive measurement. Collaborate with other functional groups within Apple, in both design and engineering, as ideas progress from concept to product.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in a relevant field (EE, applied physics, image science, or related).