Ultra-precision Diamond Turning Engineer
We bring amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continuously reimagining our products and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. That innovation is inspired by a shared commitment to great work — and to each other. Because learning from the people here means we’re learning from the best. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the development of key technology for Apple products. We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated Ultra-precision Diamond Turning Engineer to work on advanced optical technology development. Join us to create the next generation of revolutionary Apple products.
- 3+ years experience in the area of ultra precision diamond turning
- Experience with machine operation, establishing processing condition, creating processing path and designing diamond tool
- Experience with precision measurement
- Experience with measuring and analyzing of workpieces
- Experience with 3D-CAD for designing jig
- Experience with developing products from scratch
- Self-motivation, drive and organization skills
- Japanese: Daily conversation, reading and writing
You will work on development of ultra precision diamond turning processing. The accuracy of mold core parts is directly linked to the product's accuracy, hence achieving unprecedented precision is the main mission of this role. For various complicated and unique cases you will establish original processing methods, therefore you should also be familiar with metrology, analysis methods and design of tools and jigs. We are seeking a person with logical thinking, self-driven and willing to take on a challenge.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. in Science, Technology, Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience with processing of high precision mold parts regarding optics
- Experience with processing of plastic material
- Familiar with mold, optical parts and optical design