Machine Learning Engineer (Computer Vision)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to build a career. We invite you to join our mission in building and redefining our App Store. Apple is critically invested in the success of its mobile ecosystem. App Store is a core asset that is at the crux of this ecosystem. Our team operates at the intersection of building highly scalable applications, analytics to understand data content and big data machine learning to improve the quality of the ecosystem. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple data platform team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- At least 5 years ML related work experience with MS degree or 3 years ML related work experience with PhD or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge and good practical skills in ML and CV algorithms.
- Skilled in deep learning for image/video classification, recognition, object detection, segmentation, OCR, and etc.
- Practical understanding of the mathematics behind modern machine learning, linear algebra, and statistics.
- Strong publication in machine learning/deep learning/computer vision.
- Knowledge and experience with popular deep learning frameworks (e.g. Pytorch, Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe).
- Strong programming and debugging skills in: Python, C/C++, or equivalent.
- Experience in collaborating with infrastructure engineers to deliver final products or services.
- Knowledge and experience on audio signal processing, ASR, forced alignment is a plus.
- Attention to detail, data accuracy, and quality of output.
- Bring passion and dedication to the job and are committed our vision.
We are hiring hardworking ML and CV engineers to solve challenging problems on Apple’s digital content such as Apps, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Books. Your effort in the team will eventually become real products and services and will benefit millions of customers as well as other internal teams. You will have chance to demonstrate the state-of-the-art DL technology to extract valuable information from enormous contents. You are expected to create novel models, methods, and algorithms to improve Apple’s current workflow. You will be given chance to convert forward-thinking ideas all the way from prototypes to final products with the help of our great engineers and infrastructure team.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D in computer vision, machine learning, computer science or equivalent industry experience.