Software Engineer/Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Changing the world is all in a day's work at Apple. If you love innovation, here's your chance to build a career. We invite you to join our mission in building and redefining App Store/Music/Movies/TV Shows/Books. Apple is critically invested in the success of its mobile ecosystem. App Store/Music/Movies/TV Shows/Books is a core asset that is at the crux of this ecosystem. Our team operates at the intersection of building highly scalable applications, analytics to understand data content and big data machine learning to improve the quality of the ecosystem. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple data platform team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Expertise and experience in various facets of machine learning, such as computer vision, classification, feature engineering, information extraction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling and ranking.
- Practical understanding of the mathematics behind modern machine learning, linear algebra and statistics.
- Do you have Strong publication in machine learning/deep learning/computer vision?
- Knowledge and experience with popular deep learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe) desired.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in: Java or C/C++ or Python or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of big data processing, prior experience with Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra is preferred.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude.
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision.
Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment - Analyze, design, code, inspect, debug, and test features for the data platform. Maintain and improve existing applications in response to new feature requests. Collaborate closely with members of other teams throughout the release cycle.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE, or relevant industry experience is required. MS in Computer Science or related technical field is desired.