Camera & Photos - Computer Vision Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Memories and Portrait Mode which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by demonstrating computer vision and image processing through machine learning. You will work on products that ship to millions of people. We are looking for people who want to do the same. Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team. Our team drives and delivers core camera technologies and capture solutions across all of Apple’s innovative products. You will be at the center of nearly all new product development, including the iPhone, iPad, and OS X, and we are a key part of what makes Apple's products compelling.
- Strong technical background in computational photography and computer vision.
- 5-10 years of combined research and practical experience in developing imaging and vision algorithms.
- Excellent coding skills in Matlab, C, C++.
- Capable of both research and development.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and solve problems in dynamic situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The Camera Technologies team is responsible for core camera technologies, including motion/depth sensors and multiple-cameras related solutions. As a member of our team, you would help drive and deliver the core imaging and vision technologies that ship in Apple's products. Our team works with many diverse teams to develop cutting-edge software which continually enhances our camera and photos solutions. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented scientist or engineer with a technical background in imaging and vision. In this role, you will collaborate with many other team members on designing, prototyping, developing, and integrating cutting-edge camera and vision technologies into our iPhones and iPads.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- One or more of the following would be a plus:
- Familiarity with common development and debugging tools for embedded/mobile applications.
- Familiarity with camera systems and ISP processing pipeline.
- Multiple camera/sensor calibration and processing experience.