Siri - Accessibility Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you interested in making the world a better place? Do you want to influence and create some of Apple’s most important products? We are looking for a qualified engineer to lead accessibility improvements in Siri. You will be responsible for improving the accessibility of the core Siri experience across iOS, tvOS and watchOS as well as expanding the role Siri can play as an assistive technology itself. We are looking for someone who strives to work in and foster a diverse, balanced and dynamic team environment.
- Experience with accessibility APIs and web accessibility standards
- Ability to communicate a strong vision clearly and succinctly in a cross functional manner
- Ability to innovate and help invent new solutions for all users
- Ability to contribute individually while acting as technical lead and primary architect for software projects for the team.
- Talent for cleanly architecting UI features
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Aptitude for independently learning new technologies
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems
The Siri team is seeking a motivated and driven iOS Software Development Engineer to help develop features that positively impact the lives of all users by leveraging novel machine learning techniques. In our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to help craft products that improve and enhance the lives of everyone who uses Apple products regardless of differences. You are comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams at Apple including iOS Application teams, framework teams, and other hardware and software teams across Apple's entire product line.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus but not required:
- Experience with UIKit or AppKit APIs
- Experience with iOS Accessibility APIs
- Experience with voice related technology