Core Data - Technical Business Analyst/ Data Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas become great products, services, and customer experiences. Apple is seeking a Core Data - technical business analyst / data analyst to join the AMP Analytics and Data Products group. AMP (home to Apple Music, App Store, iTunes and more) has some of the most compelling data in the world. We are looking for a talented technical analyst with data modeling skills who is motivated by challenging problems and well versed with big data environment. This is a unique opportunity to join a focused team and work collaboratively with other groups to make a significant impact.
- At least 4+ years of experience in architecting and building data pipelines
- At least 8+ years of SQL experience with the ability to write ad-hoc and complex queries to perform data analysis
- Strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Relevant and substantial work experience with business requirements definition and management (end to end), structured analysis, process design, use case documentation, UML process and use case definition
- At least 2+ years of Spark SQL, Linux, Hadoop experience
- At least 2+ years of experience in data modeling (conceptual, logical models)
- Strong understanding of advanced data warehouse concepts (Factless Fact tables, Temporal \ BI-Temporal models, etc.)
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Strong problem solving skills. Ability to identify where focus is needed and bring clarity to business objectives, requirements and priorities
- Strong facilitation and communication skills (both verbal and written). Capable of collaborating effectively across a variety of Engineering and Data analyst groups
- Overall technical understanding of big data, data warehousing, business intelligence, web and other multi-tiered, distributed applications/systems.
As a member of the Core Data team within AMP Analytics and Data Products group, you will have significant responsibility and influence in shaping the future of core data landscape. This role is inherently cross-functional and the ideal candidate will work across disciplines. We are looking for someone with a love for data and ability to iterate quickly through capturing business data needs from the stakeholders, analyzing source data and data needs, creating data models and working in close collaboration with engineering, QA, analysts to deliver core datasets that support data integration, analytics and reporting. Successful candidates will have strong analytical skills and communication, as well as, a belief that data driven processes lead to great products. Key Responsibilities: Capture and manage business data needs from various stakeholders Develop data models (conceptual, logical) in support of integrated analytics, business reporting and data exchange Perform data profiling on source system data to ensure that source system data can be integrated and represented properly in our models Assist downstream consumers and report developers, analysts with best usage of the models Partner with Engineering and EPMs to develop core datasets as per the specification (includes data model definitions) Provide assistance and guidance during the QA phase to quickly confirm the validity of potential issues and to determine the root cause and best resolution of verified issues Perform UAT to confirm core datasets satisfy the business needs Partner with EPMs to review projects status, risks and enable mitigation plans
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Systems.