Environment, Health and Safety - Environmental Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. This position is responsible for providing environmental, health, and safety program and permitting support focused on Apple Santa Clara Valley sites. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to; providing technical expertise/research for environmental permits, tracking and renewing various Environmental Permits, compliance of Chemical Storage Locations, Air Permitting, Hazardous Waste Compliance, Asbestos/Lead Data and Tracking, Stormwater Management, and Emergency Response Support.
- 5-7 years EHS experience
- Knowledge of applicable EHS regulations and standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to influence without authority
- Able to work independently
- Provide program support for the facility, including but not limited to: - Annual CERS inspections - Emergency response, including periodic after-hours on-call coverage - Hazard assessments for new labs and equipment - Incident investigations - Managing Air Permit Database / Permit renewals - Permit Support for new sources or revising existing sources (Emergency Generators, Solvent Use, Paint Booths, HMBPs) - Provide support with permitting for hazardous waste locations for the DTSC / EPA / BOE (Universal Waste, Non-RCRA, RCRA) - Training-Stormwater, CERS, Inspection teams - Workplace safety inspections - identifying, tracking and resolving non-compliances - Support (Implement, Review and Revise) written environmental, health & safety programs, tools, and materials for sites - Provide support with collaborating with regulatory agencies for the facility, manage permits, regulatory inspections, and incident reporting - Partner with various departments, including Facilities, Project Management, Human Resources, Security, and Wellness - Support Corporate EHS initiatives, including EHS metrics reporting and audits
Education & Experience
- BA or BS program in a relevant EHS discipline
- - Be dependable and reliable – follow-up quickly and consistently.
- - Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor.
- - Actively practice teamwork, working within the organization and throughout other parts of the company to achieve results.
- - Take initiative and challenge the status quo.
- - Deliver more than the customer expects.
- - Ability to deal with ambiguity.
- - Drive for results.