Mechanical Engineer (FEA)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming amazing products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this role, you are responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. We are seeking an extraordinary Mechanical Engineer (FEA) to evaluate, qualify, test and work on camera hardware module and component parts.
- 3+ years experience in Icepak, and ABAQUS, and /or ANSYS-APDL.
- Sophisticated meshing capabilities using Hypermesh, SimLab or Ansys.
- Fundamentals in thermal management, solid mechanics, mechanics of materials (plastic, adhesive, ceramic, glass, metal etc.).
- Self motivated to identify and close design issues.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Outstanding verbal and visual communication skills.
- Desire to work in a team environment.
- Familiar with CAD software: SolidWorks and NX is very desirable.
Perform Finite Element modeling and simulations using Icepak, ABAQUS or ANSYS. Work with design engineers on design evaluation, verification/validation as well as design optimization. Interpret FEA results and provide physical explanations and possible solutions. Recommend design changes/directions to meet product performance requirements. Participate in team brainstorming and new technology development. Develop new simulation tools/capabilities as needed. Consideration will be given to qualified candidates from medical, consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace or other fields with relevant technology and development models.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in physics, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, materials science, or similar concentration.
- Occasional travel to worldwide design partners.