Data Science Manager, Apple Retail Data Sciences
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little direction should fuel your creativity? We are seeking a leader to grow & develop Machine Learning & AI capabilities towards enhancing the customer experience in Apple Retail.
- In this role you will partner with product managers, engineers and scientists to solve product and business related machine learning problems using AI technology, perform experiments and optimize the solutions. You will be responsible for -
- Developing and enhancing Merchandising Recommendations systems
- Developing and augmenting Digital Search experience both within Web and Apple Store App
- Management of Data Science Infrastructure and processes to support and enable various business applications
- Software lifecycle development, measurement and testing of products
- Project planning and presentations
- Mentoring and growing the current team of ML Scientists and ML Engineers
- You are a seasoned Machine Learning Scientist with 10+ years of experience applying ML to real world problems and crafting scalable and effective customer engagement platforms - You have strong computer science fundamentals, debugging skills and knowledge of algorithms. - - You should be able to develop significant code bases and can integrate new libraries and frameworks into your work. - Excellent foundation and demonstrable experience in recommendations, information retrieval algorithms and NLP - Excellent coding abilities in Python and SQL - You should be able to prototype products for ideating and testing - 5+ years of people and vendor management experience required To be successful in this position, you should… be a self-starter, driven, accountable and a highly spirited teammate. - have strong writing, data visualization and social skills with the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis, models and processes in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to senior leaders.
Education & Experience
Post Graduate degree required in - Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, or related fields. Master’s degree considered.