Machine Learning Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Have you ever wanted to delight millions of people by applying state of the art natural language processing(NLP) and machine learning technologies to deliver amazing Retail experience to Apple customers? Join Retail Data Sciences team to drive NLP intelligence at Apple Retail. We are looking for a hardworking and passionate ML/NLP engineer who will work on traditional and innovative, high scaling NLP technologies in Retail with focus on English and Chinese.
- Expertise and experience in various facets of machine learning and natural language processing, such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling and ranking.
- Strong programming skills in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Swift or equivalent.
- Hard-working, self-starter, proven ability to manage numerous projects to strict deadlines. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with engineers, product managers and business partners.
- Experience with state-of-art deep learning (desirable).
- Fluent in Chinese (desirable).
- Ability to work well as part of a team and cross-functionally.
- Industrial experience applying machine learning techniques to NLP problems that involve large-scale data
Your work will typically involve demonstrating large quantities of data and state-of-the-art methods in machine and deep learning to tackle real world problems. You will have experience in applying and implementing machine learning on large text corpora, as well as the use of NLP in software, including design, implementation, algorithms, correctness, user experience, and performance.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.