Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for an experienced tester to join our rapidly growing quality assurance group. Are you looking for a challenge ? In this role you will be responsible for defining test approaches and test plans for assigned functional test areas, expanding our current test cases and executing required tests. We offer the ability to own complete functional areas. The ideal candidate will be able to define test approaches and strategies, as well as execute functionality, compatibility, Integration and reliability testing for both mobile and desktop applications. We look for candidates with excellent written and verbal communications skills. You should be comfortable working across multiple teams; administering cross functional meetings; presenting feature definition, discussing QA team responsibilities, sending out meeting minutes, organizing test results, and rolling up the results to management. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- You have work experience testing with iOS and tvOS is a must. Knowledge of macOS and watchOS is a plus
- Do you possess a deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
- You bring a phenomenal track record of bug detection and regression skills
- You bring a demonstrated ability to lead a complete functional area of an application or product
- You thrive on delivering to tight schedules.
- You can explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You are self-motivated, flexible, and are a creative problem solver
- You have a long history of using QA tools and automation
- Do you have experience using CharlesProxy or use of any network monitoring tools
- Are you comfortable with command line use (terminal)
- Video knowledge desirable
We value SQA Engineers who possess the skills necessary for working closely with the engineering team during all aspects of the development process. We seek a teammate who is self-motivated and dynamic individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. You are systematic at managing priorities, and communicating progress as well as risk. In addition, we value someone who is ‘very detailed oriented’, can juggle manual as well as automation testing, and can work in a dynamic testing environment.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience