Application Security Engineer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. We don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. We believe it's the diversity of these people and their ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple to become a part of our talented team! We are looking for a cyber security expert for an Application Security Engineer role. This role will focus on the secure design and delivery of features and platforms within the Apple Pay team. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires experience and expertise evaluating risk, application stacks, and cryptographic implementations. The successful candidate will drive security and compliance initiatives multi-functionally within the Apple Pay organization, and throughout Apple.
- Deep understanding of cryptographic algorithms and implementations
- Experience deploying, managing, and monitoring hardware security modules (HSMs)
- Familiarity with data and messaging services such as Oracle, Elastic, Cassandra, and Kafka
- Experience applying requirements of regulatory compliance controls, such as PCI, SOX, GDPR, etc.
- Practical experience with Java and/or Python is a plus
- Significant experience working with large auditing firms
- Mobile payment and online banking experience
- Experience with Global Platform or other embedded smartcard technologies
This position requires experience with and working knowledge of a variety of modern audit, development, and HSM products in an enterprise environment. You should be strongly motivated by learning new technologies. Your ownership of vulnerability, risk, and compliance processes will have you working hand-in-hand with engineering, infrastructure, compliance, and privacy teams to ensure the security, compliance, and privacy of critical customer systems. In the role, you will: ▪ Deploy and manage hardware security modules (HSMs) ▪ Manage network access reviews and automation frameworks ▪ Work with application engineering, infrastructure, and corporate compliance teams to evaluate risk of new features ▪ Evaluate data privacy implications ▪ Perform code reviews for vulnerabilities and adherence to requirements ▪ Assist with design and deployment of highly-available, customer-facing systems ▪ Foster a strong security and compliance culture throughout the Apple Pay organization ▪ Work on site reliability engineering tasks as required
Education & Experience
Preferred: ▪ Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 7+ years of equivalent ▪ CISSP, CISA, or similar, is a plus