CDN Systems Architect
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Edge Services team is looking for an expert with strong technical leadership skills to take charge of our operating system and platform strategy. You will be responsible for providing new architecture and scalability solutions to meet ever growing business needs. A strong background in hardware/software performance, networking, servers and components, and system level debugging is required.
- A sincere interest in operating system and hardware technology.
- Extensive Linux experience, especially with RHEL and compatible systems.
- Strong OS debugging skills and knowledge of how to build and maintain custom Linux kernels.
- Detailed knowledge of hardware and component selection to meet specific performance goals.
- Validated knowledge of the operating system networking stack, TCP/IP, routing, etc.
- Programming skills (shell, Python, Perl, C++) and the ability to automate system tasks.
- Ability to work with a team with dynamic strengths across multiple locations and influence others and build consensus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with revision control systems, continuous integration, unit testing, and configuration management systems.
- Experience running and deploying non-Linux platforms is a plus, especially FreeBSD and OSX.
The Systems Architect will partner with a highly skilled engineering team in the design, implementation and support of operating system technologies. You will be responsible for our platform, distribution, and associated packages in order to keep us up to date with security enhancements and performance improvements. You will provide support, fix operating system, driver, and packaging issues, and assist with the development, packaging, and deploying of custom kernels. You are passionate and driven to stay on top of new technologies and ready to implement them when they fit into our business needs. You are the technical and design lead for our production infrastructure. You will also train our Operations and Engineering teams.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in computer science or related field 12+ years industry experience in lieu of degree