Social Media Manager, Books & Podcasts
Culver City, California, United States
SUMMARY Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for a Social Media Manager to join our rapidly developing Services business and to manage the social media marketing for Apple Books and Apple Podcasts. We are seeking a passionate storyteller, strategic thinker, and skilled communicator who has a proven track record managing and growing social channels. A deep understanding of social voice, tone, style and creative is essential. This role requires a detailed understanding of publishing tools, analytics tools and social marketing technology as well as all native platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Youtube, Tumblr and beyond). You must be able to demonstrate a clear ability to develop tactics and campaigns that drive the business goals; audience growth, engagement, acquisition, reach, maintenance, churn mitigation and more. An in-depth knowledge of books, podcasts and popular entertainment culture is a must along with deep experience in entertainment specific social media.
- Minimum 7 years of social media marketing campaign management, publishing, editorial, content creation and distribution required (brand or agency).
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for social media. Detailed knowledge and expertise around all social platforms. Significant contacts at all major platforms.
- The candidate is extremely passionate and knowledgeable about books, podcasts and digital entertainment distribution; publishers, production companies etc.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and planning skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Expert in developing social marketing strategies that are native to individual channels and demonstrate tangible ROI.
- Expert understanding of how brands should participate in social media in an authentic way.
- The candidate is at the cutting edge of the cultural zeitgeist; understanding internet, social and meme culture and how to credibly and sensitively work within it whilst maintaining brand safety.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment with high level of teamwork
- Flexibility to work weekends and travel
- Deep ability to collect, analyze and use social data to affect change.
- Conceive, implement and measure social marketing campaigns for Apple Books and Apple Podcasts on a daily basis, across all relevant channels. - Develop tactics, plans, partnerships, tools and agencies that help achieve the business goals - Manage relationships with external and internal agencies/design teams to brief and manage original content for distribution. - Lead all communication with international marketing leads on priorities and best practices. - Launch, grow and manage channels where relevant ensuring milestones are set and met. - Execute social media publishing strategies ensuring that all posts are accurate, punctual, safe and on brand. - Manage daily social communication, consumer listen and response, sentiment analysis and enquiries. - Work on strategic partnership opportunities with Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook etc to deliver the business goals - Report on campaigns and augment based on analysis to ensure the most effective approach.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required