CPU Test Generation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a chip design effort collaborating with all disciplines, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly.
- You should have 3+ years of processor verification experience with the following strengths and experience:
- In-depth knowledge of processor instruction set architecture and microarchitecture.
- Strong in C/C++ programming and scripting (Perl/Python etc). Experience using debuggers.
- Experience with expertise in writing/debugging assembly based tests, and creating random test generators/templates.
- Experience in writing instruction set simulator a plus.
- You should be a great teammate with excellent communication skills, be able to work independently on creating the test generator.
As a random testing engineer for the processor, you will have the following responsibilities: - Work closely with verification team in creating random test templates and providing random tests in assembly. - Improve existing random test generators or write new test generator to improve test coverage for various architecture corner cases in debug features, exceptions, error handling, multiprocessor, and memory management. - Develop architecture coverage to direct the test generation. Verify some components in a processor design.
Education & Experience
BS/MSEE is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.