Business Systems / Desktop Analyst
Sacramento, California, United States
Are you passionate about understanding every detail of how new technologies work? Join the team that serves as Apple’s nerve center, our Information Systems and Technology group. There are countless ways you’ll contribute here, whether you’re coordinating technology needs related to product launches, designing innovative solutions for complex problems or ensuring ongoing security. Join our team, and together we’ll explore all the ways to improve how Apple operates, freeing our users to do what they do best: provide great experiences for our customers. The Americas IS&T team is responsible for partnering with Apple’s Logistics providers to ensure desktop systems and IT infrastructure effectively support Apple's current and future needs. As a Business Systems / Desktop Analyst on the IS&T team you will work to ensure users are productive, efficient and secure. We are looking for a skilled Mac admin with end-user and system admin experience who has a consistent track record of learning new things, working with others to solve complex problems, analyzing trends to innovate and finding new opportunities to improve business efficiency. If you possess a strong customer experience ethic, have top-notch people skills, display creativity and fully appreciate the core strengths that make Apple’s products easy to use, we'd like to talk with you. This role can be based in Sacramento or Austin and will manage support for the wider AMR region.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in an IT or other technical support capacity.
- Experience maintaining a large deployment of systems managed by Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform.
- Experience with Linux, UNIX and macOS based platforms; Open server technologies such as LDAP, IMAP, Apache; Apple NetBoot/NetRestore; Scripting and command line utilities: i.e. shell, Perl, PHP; AppleScript a plus; HTML and CSS experience strongly preferred; Exposure to SQL, web development on PHP/LAMP, database management and web-based design is preferred.
- High degree of comfort working in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Extremely strong teamwork ethic and customer support focus. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to explain technical concepts in clear, non-technical language.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to organize and complete multiple projects of varying lengths. Good documentation skills essential. Excellent problem-solving abilities.
You advocate for Apple desktop users across various AMR sites. You will take the lead on designing and supporting the desktop management function of Apple IT infrastructure deployments in logistics centers. You'll work closely with several cross functional teams to ensure that Apple’s Logistics business is fast, efficient, reliable and secure with an emphasis on warehouse operations. You'll need to be self-driven with ability to constantly research and suggest the latest technologies, independently troubleshoot technical issues and work with teams of developers, engineering project managers, test engineers and end users to provide support and innovative solutions. You’ll seek out challenges and deliver thoughtfully designed work which maximizes ease of use across a variety of audiences while remaining true to Apple’s history of clean, aesthetically pleasing interfaces and materials. You’ll develop and maintain a working knowledge of trends and best practices within Apple. Core responsibilities: • Provide end-to-end administration and MDM management for approximately 3500 desktops across 11 logistics centers in North and South America • Utilize industry standard remote management tools such as Jamf, Apple Remote Desktop, Shell Scripting, and more • Create, maintain and modify Jamf policies to support the operations of AMR logistics centers; Post new and updated software packages, and ensure the proper updates are made to the MDM server • Create and maintain updated NetInstall images for rapid deployment and enrollment in the warehouses • Regularly meet with the internal support groups to build an environment/forum for collaboration • Provide Tier 2/3 level support for escalated issues, ensuring accurate tracking, prioritization and documentation of the issue in a timely manner • Assist with maintenance of existing sites and deployment of new sites • Lead projects from inception through delivery, ensuring that there is an ongoing support strategy for any tools or technology that is implemented
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred Jamf 300 certification level preferred
- Some travel and occasional work during non-standard business hours will be required.