Communications Specialist, Security Communications
San Francisco, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are focused on getting the talented people at Apple to take security seriously every single day. We write about why security is important and why it’s worth trying to do right. That work becomes internal websites, landing pages, videos, trainings, and the occasional event materials. The work we’re producing has the same high creative standards as product marketing. Bring a talent for storytelling, copy crafting, and thought-provoking headlines. In return, you’ll experience the opportunities of a small creative group while you enjoy the advantages of a large global company, and are exposed to security topics, products and processes.
- Constant curiosity
- Writing, reviewing, editing, and proofing copy from yourself and other writers
- Keeping copy and Kbase articles updated
- Partner with key team members on security products and processes for learning how to make the story and emotionally impact the readers
- Reviewing with an eye for detail how to write engaging copy that gets the nuance correct and is pin-point precise on the technical details included
- Learn and adopt our voice and style
- Collaborate effectively over and over again with our partners
- At least 3 years of experience writing copy for marketing campaigns, advertising, websites, or editorial pieces for significant brands at an agency or in hous
- A portfolio of creative work and writing samples that demonstrates that those years were well spent.
- Background in writing security copy is a plus.
- Some obvious things that apply to most anyone working in this field:
- You should enjoy collaborating with engineers, writers and project managers.
- You should begood at advocating for your work and getting our business partners all around Apple as excited about it as you are.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’ll take all the work seriously, from little, quick assignments to big, juicy projects.
- Be good at expressing a unique thought as an interesting headline that resonates with the audience. And just as good at supporting it with thoughtful, persuasive body copy.
- Curious about subject matter like our partners’ business priorities and how they get things done (for example, retail stores, engineering, enterprise sales) as well as security issues — and about Apple as a whole.
Here are some things you’ll do: Collaborate with our team of writers, designers, photographers, and filmmakers. Write in the Apple voice: simple, smart, natural, and human. With personality, but personality that never gets in the way of clarity. Write from Apple, but to a particular audience. You’ll need to care what they’re thinking. Sometimes write for a global audience and sometimes for particular regions, though always in English. Work with project managers and creative directors to ensure schedules are accurate and realistic — or at least real-world realistic — and that deadlines are met.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree preferred