Service Management Business Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Service Management Office (SMO) team within Apple’s Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) organization is responsible for defining and running the Service Management business processes, which includes Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Requests, and Change Requests. This SMO is the business owner of the enterprise application (a ServiceNow-based solution) utilized for Service Management-processes and transactions. We are seeking an ambitious and motivated professional to join the SMO as a Business Analyst who will learn as well as enhance / improve IS&T’s Service Management processes. This role is responsible for defining and documenting business requirements, investigating defects and partnering with the technical team on resolutions, facilitating in the testing and go-live activities for enhancements and major releases, creating system documentation and training materials, and answering inquiries from end-users. In addition, this position will interact with various levels of management, internal service teams, and third-party vendors in order to support customers of SMO.
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes, particularly in Request, Problem, Incident and Change Management, how they interrelate and how they can be adopted successfully
- Good interpersonal, leadership, collaboration, facilitation and negotiation skills. Must be able to manage conflict and have a solid business insight and conceptual thinking
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical audience can understand. Must be able to explain customer needs and priorities in a way that engineering team can understand
- Experience with gathering and developing business requirements and translating into executable specifications. Deliverables including process modeling, business requirement documents, use cases, and create workflow using common business process management notation
- Experience in leading and executing multiple, complex projects at once. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and lead time effectively and independently
- Experience in software development lifecycle (SDLC) process - including Analysis, Design, Build, Test, Train, and Deploy activities. Experience with Agile Methodology and scrum activities a plus
- Strong relationship management ability with a focus to meeting project deadlines and passion to exceed customer expectations.
- Motivated individual who continues professional development and maintains knowledge of ITSM and customer service industry trends.
- Proficient with Apple office productivity applications as well as basic project and work planning tools
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities
- You will have the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver elite products in an exciting fast-paced environment
- Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Become a domain expert of Apple IT’s Service Management processes, including features and functions in the tooling that support these processes. Act as a liaison between the customer and the development team to drive the technical implementation, translate customer requirements to internal systems and processes, and help on-board new departments onto the ServiceNow platform. Comfortable leading discussion with partners of all levels to understand business problems and identify paths forward. Set clear expectation with internal customers and technical team, including respond quickly to inquiries and actively communicate. Deliver clear functional documentations and effective user communications in the form of user guides, release notes, and product keynotes. Ensure product documents are updated when changes are implemented. Oversee in application/product testing, go-live readiness, and post-deployment support activities. Investigate and resolve functional and data-related issues reported in the ITSM application as well as with interfaces to / from the application. Define and deliver project benefits realization through regular reports and dashboards. As needed, lead and supervise work of contractors. Supports team knowledge sharing and on-boarding of peers as the team grows. As needed, become proficient in ServiceNow IT solutions to be able to perform application configurations, master data setup, and understand future product roadmap.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in Information Technology or related field ITIL Foundation certification or equivalent, or be able to obtain within 6 months of hire
- A minimum 5+ years experience of Information Technology experience is required
- 3+ years experience in ITSM or similar process area
- Any certifications on the ServiceNow platform and software suite is a plus
- Experience working with an on-premise deployment of ServiceNow (as opposed to a SaaS / Cloud-based version) is a plus