Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. This position chips in to the development of advanced material- and electrode technologies for high energy density lithium-ion cell technology. We are looking for an individual who will be working closely with internal and external teams to conduct new materials design and development, technology evaluation and qualification, and benchmark studies of new battery material.
- Requires 5+ years of hands on experience in materials and cell technology development with emphasis on advanced battery materials. Direct experience in advanced anode materials and technologies is a strong plus.
- Knowledge and direct experience in industry scale inorganic powder process
- Strong understanding of electrochemistry of lithium ion cells.
- Strong project management experience and skills
- Experience with electrode fabrication, cell assembly, and electrical testing
- Experience with large scale material synthesis process.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and ability to clearly explain technical decisions based on data and results
- Ability to work closely with others in a multi-functional team environment
Identification of key materials design and processing parameters of advanced active materials for lithium-ion cells Identification of key performance metrics and technical evaluation of advanced active materials focusing on negative active materials Work with external parties and vendors to communicate and execute experiments and make data-driven decisions based on experiments Work with cell engineers to optimize materials on material- and electrode level to enhance energy density and life of lithium-ion cells Conduct benchmarking study of various material chemistries and provide technical comparisons and critical assessment Identification of major materials failure mechanisms during electrochemical cycle of lithium-ion cells Work with external vendors and contractors to develop and qualify materials.
Education & Experience
MS or higher in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, or relevant experience in lieu of