Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. This position chips in to the development of advanced material- and electrode technologies for high energy density lithium-ion cell technology. You will be working closely with internal and external teams to conduct new materials design and development, technology evaluation and qualification, and benchmark studies of new battery material.
- We are looking for an individual with knowledge and direct experience in industry scale inorganic powder process
- Experience in inorganic powder process for lithium-ion battery application is desired
- Direct experience in advanced anode materials and understanding of electrochemistry of lithium-ion cells is a strong plus
- Strong project management experience and skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills and ability to clearly explain technical decisions based on data and results
- Ability to create engineering documents: material specification, equipment requirement, contractor statement of work, etc.
- Ability to work closely with others in a cross-functional team environment
Identification of key materials design and processing parameters of advanced active materials for lithium-ion cells Work with external parties and vendors to communicate and execute experiments and make data-driven decisions based on experiments Ideation and realization of technologies that enables active materials to work successfully in lithium-ion cell environment Work with cell engineers to optimize materials on material- and electrode level to enhance energy density and life of lithium-ion cells Conduct benchmarking study of various material chemistries and provide technical comparisons and critical assessment
Education & Experience
MS or higher in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, or relevant experience in lieu of