CloudKit Client QA Engineer (Windows)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
When you hear iCloud you likely think iOS and macOS, but iCloud also touches millions of Windows users as well. That’s where the iCloud for Windows team comes in. We bridge the gap from iOS and macOS so that our Windows users can access their files in iCloud Drive, photos in iCloud Photos and much more. The iCloud for Windows team is looking for a Software QA Engineer with an eye for detail, a love for photography, and the passion and drive to help shape and refine the iCloud Photos experience for our Windows users.
- Experience testing Windows, iOS and macOS.
- Knowledge and understanding of common photo formats.
- Experience writing and executing test plans.
- Experience testing end-to-end, cloud based client/server relationships.
- Proven bug detection and regression skills.
- Ability to lead projects from planning and design to testing, deployment and ongoing support
- Ability to work closely with a team with varied strengths across engineering.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs & third-party issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a dynamic and informal environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to organize testing responsibilities.
This role requires strong SQA methodologies and the ability to be self-motivated. You will be the key individual responsible for the overall quality of iCloud Photos on Windows. You will work closely with our Windows development team to define the testing approach and test planning for the functional areas of iCloud Photos. You will be responsible for performing the needed testing, identifying and reporting issues, and communicating of the overall quality of the area. While this role is responsible for iCloud Photos on Windows, the end-to-end user experience is paramount, which will result in testing touching iOS, macOS, and iCloud.com as well as multiple Windows OSs. The iCloud for Windows team is also concerned about the continued user experience, as part of ongoing support initiatives, you will also work closely with AppleCare and other support teams to help identify, track, and resolve issues reported by our users.
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- - Deep understanding of Windows, iOS, and macOS operating systems.
- - Experience with VMWare Fusion for Mac, or other virtualization platforms.