Construction Safety Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple is looking for an experienced Construction Safety Professional to join the Corporate EHS team to drive the further definition and implementation of the Global Construction Safety Program. As a part of the Global EHS team, The Construction Safety Manager will collaborate with Apple’s Project management team to ensure that general contractors, sub-contractors, etc., follow their respective safety program and conform to Apple’s overall construction and contractor safety program requirements. The Construction Safety Manager will manage safety and risk associated with all active and planned construction projects and ensure compliance with all applicable EHS regulations across the global portfolio.
- 5-10 years of experience working on major construction projects in the field of safety.
- Strong knowledge of interpreting and complying with OSHA 1926 as well as best practices in managing construction safety
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is essential.
- Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and/or compliance officers is preferred.
- Knowledge of Facilities Management, engineering, and construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent collaboration, project management, analytical, data quality troubleshooting, and problem-solving and communication skills.
- Attend project/design review meetings and conduct safety focus discussions with project management team. - Assist project management team in review of contractor and subcontractor qualifications program. - Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs. - Assist Project Managers in developing in site specific safety/orientation plans. - Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard control programs. - Conduct safety audits on larger active construction project sites on a regular basis for compliance with Apple’s safety program. - Manage the contractor safety compliance evaluation program (ISNetWorld) - Assist in incident/accident investigations, develop accident reporting procedures and participate in accident/incident review meetings. - Assist with OSHA inspections and associated responses. - Maintain and communicate Apple’s written construction safety program standard - Support the architects, engineers, and other specialty consultants from initial programming to construction completion. - Meet with internal strategic engineering groups, operations and business units to determine detailed project requirements. - Maintain strong working relationships with internal customers and key stakeholders. - Review Job Hazard Analysis, Fall Protection plans, Excavation Documentation, Confined Space forms, Lift Plans and Lockout/Tagout paperwork etc. - Work directly with GC and project teams to address specific safety related needs/concerns. - Ensure Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) are developed and maintained as required
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- - Be dependable, reliable and follow-up quickly and consistently
- - Demonstrate a positive and approachable demeanor
- - Actively practice teamwork, working within the organization and throughout other parts of the company to achieve results
- - Take initiative and challenge the status quo
- - Deliver more than the customer expects
- - Ability to deal with ambiguity
- - Drive for results