Sr. Engineering Project Manager - Developer Tools
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Engineering Project Managers in the Developer Tools team are core to the department, working with product engineering to ensure that projects and features are delivered on-schedule and to Apple’s high standards. You will work with our Xcode, Swift, and LLVM teams and across Apple's software and hardware engineering organizations to deliver first-class tools used to develop and debug iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and macOS apps. As a tools project manager, you will collaborate with a diverse group of engineers and managers to oversee schedules, integration efforts, and qualification of tools supporting the latest and greatest CPUs, GPUs, and programming language features. You have a deep appreciation for how a compiler works under the hood and how related tools (such as a debugger and linker) fit into the development process. Your ability to plan for large-scale projects is key along with the ability to think on your feet to solve issues all while being the central point of contact to communicate status.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to devise and organize plans
- Concise verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Experience developing iOS, macOS, watchOS, or tvOS apps
- Familiarity with compiler technologies, integrated development environments, and other developer-focused tools
- Comfort with the UNIX shell and ability to automate tasks using a scripting language such as Python, AppleScript, or Perl
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the developer community
As a tools project manager, your responsibilities include: • Coordinating within our team and with our partners to release high-quality tools on time. • Understanding and driving tools support for hardware bring-up, from bootstrapping to seeds to customer ship. • Tracking and prioritizing tasks across multiple product releases and efforts simultaneously. • Communicating effectively at all levels, from informal drop-ins to formal announcements, often being the face of developer tools inside Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- • Understanding of hardware development cycles
- • Contributing to or participating in discussion about open-source compiler technologies such as Swift, the Swift Package Manager, and LLVM