Software Manager - Anomaly Detection and Incident Analysis - Apple Maps
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Helping people navigate around the Globe is one of our primary functions here on the Apple Maps team. We want to make sure that our recommendations are as accurate and responsive to external factors as possible. We are the Traffic Team, and we are looking to hire a Software Engineer to help us ensure that our features and functionalities are relevant and accurate, while managing and working with high volumes of live data. As an engineer on our team, you will analyze and build solutions which enhance data quality while influencing our Traffic, Routing, and Navigation recommendations. Your work will create actionable insights which will positively impact millions of people’s travel experiences every day.
- Excellent Java, Scala, and/or C++ development skills
- Solid understanding of object oriented design
- Strong background in building large-scale data pipelines, possibly using Spark or Hadoop
- Proven results working with high volumes of live data
- Past success building and scaling teams is a must.
- Experience building a service enabling a variety of end-users
- Experience with data visualization and vector analysis is a plus
- Aptitude for learning independently; prototyping and proposing new software designs as a philosophy for delivering successful deployments
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience working with multi-disciplined and cross-functional teams is highly desired.
You will be a key member of the team designing, implementing, and evaluating the systems that efficiently process massive streams of GPS and sensor data. We expect you to make substantial contributions towards the scalability and resilience of our core systems to work seamlessly across different execution contexts from real-time to batch processing. You will be working with a team of engineers, data scientists, and traffic experts to build and enhance our systems that power our traffic production models. As such, you will use your passion for detecting and rectifying data anomalies to create more relevant and accurate data models and recommendations.
Education & Experience
MSc or PhD in Computer Science or a quantitative field 10+ years of software development in a production-level environment, with 3+ years of managerial experience.
- Experience with location data is a plus, but not required.