CAD Regression/Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this highly visible and cross-functional role on our CAD team, you will be developing best-in-class CAD Regression methodologies and flows for a multi-site/multi-team environment within Apple. Quality is a critical aspect of everything we do, and as a CAD Regression/Development Engineer, you will work with a team of CAD engineers located across various sites and driving large-scale test efforts. Technical areas of responsibility include architecting the software regression methodology for flows across the entire chip design process, putting together metrics and dashboards to monitor the progress and recommending coding guidelines. The position requires a strong programming experience with a general understanding of chip design flows.
- Typically requires at least 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong experience in working in CAD flows in a chip design environment
- Previous knowledge of writing complex software development environments
- Familiarity with databases (i.e. MySQL, PostgresSQL)
- Experience developing web-based reporting and data visualization (i.e. d3.js, Highcharts, Splunk)
- Strong familiarity with configuration management systems (i.e. Git, Perforce, CVS, RCS)
- Strong scripting language skills, such as Perl, PHP, Python, TCL or Shell.
- Ability to perform well on schedules and coordinate with multiple users and management across multiple teams
- Excellent communications skills and a team-player attitude
- High attention to detail with a real passion for software quality process
In this exciting and highly visible role, you will: - Provide a comprehensive software regression and development environment across various flows and processes used in the chip design projects - Track, manage, and present quality metrics data - Drive data mining, analytics, and web-based visualization of project metrics for our various software flows - Work with the team for database applications to build, develop, maintain, and improve large scale, highly available QA data across different geographical locations - Document, implement, monitor, and make sure all processes for testing as per standards defined by the organization - Interface and collaborate with multiple design teams and CAD engineers to consolidate test flows and regression suites
Education & Experience
BS or MS Degree in EE/CS or a technical discipline.