Data Product Manager, AMP Data Science - Business & Marketing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple Media Products (AMP) Analytics, we analyze large-scale data across customer and content provider touch points in order to develop metrics and deep insights to measure performance and drive strategy. Our culture is about getting things done iteratively and rapidly, with open feedback and debate along the away. We believe analytics is a team sport and we seek to promote productivity and innovation through diverse hiring. We encourage independent decision-making and taking smart risks. AMP Analytics collaborates with stakeholders across product, design, engineering, business, and marketing teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through deep quantitive research of the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes Video, Apple Books and Podcasts amongst other services.
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Product Management role, preferably for a digital media or subscription business.
- Knowledge of data pipeline design, with an understanding of integration and data transformation best practices.
- Experience with data set design, including projections, aggregates and reference tables.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau to build operational dashboards and persist relevant KPIs.
- Ability to define data quality rules and execute data validation test cases.
- Curious business and technical mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts into clear and concise summaries that drive action.
- Excellent communication, social and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Leadership skills to influence stakeholders and see projects through to timely completion in an agile environment.
- Familiarity with SEO performance measurement and web engagement; previous experience with instrumentation a plus.
Lead instrumentation and dataset efforts for AMP Business & Marketing Data Science, collaborating closely with Business, Marketing, Client Engineering, Data Engineering and Privacy teams. Provide clear requirements and specification frameworks to Engineering teams and track projects through to completion. Perform ad-hoc analytics on new metrics and datasets to troubleshoot and resolve issues. Devise meaningful new KPIs on top of new metrics and datasets and work to integrate them into both existing and new data products. Independently evaluate, procure and ingest third party datasets to aid understanding business health. Develop the framework of how marketing campaigns and channels are set up, tracked and attributed. Partner with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, evangelizing key performance indicators and democratizing data. Your creative problem solving skills will be utilized daily.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or PhD in related field.