Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple Inc. has an excellent opportunity for a full-time, Ergonomics program support position for the SCV location. This position will provide support providing high quality, innovative ergonomics services while working in a fast paced, high energy, collaborative environment.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience providing ergonomics services to a variety of work environments (e.g., office, lab, warehouse, and/or manufacturing)
- Strong communication and teamwork skills are required. Position demands excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of biomechanics and ergonomics engineering principles and familiarity with quantitative ergonomics risk assessment techniques.
- Ability to prepare accurate, concise and technically correct written work products and reports.
- Work independently and with a team, and communicate successfully with health and safety professionals, management team and workforce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, analytical, and influencing/interpersonal skills, with ability to initiate and sustain productive business relationships.
- Project management skills to include the identification and scheduling of project deliverables, achievements, tasks, solid presentation skills with ability to present technical information and concepts in order to initiate change and drive initiatives
- Ability to effectively work across a broad spectrum of functions within business units
- Good problem solving skills with ability to develop new ideas in order to provide innovative solutions
- Experience working with basic computer programs, database, html and Mac OS preferred.
Program support consists of leading incoming ergonomics requests, performing individual ergonomics assessments, conducting group training and workshops. Conduct task analysis and risk assessments. Development and marketing of the ergonomics program along with maintaining and updating ergonomics product list. Work well with EHS team to respond to changes in potential service needs. Flexible schedule as needs arise. Coordinate with key partners (e.g., occupational health, wellness, facilities, HR) on major projects and activities. Determine solutions to identified ergonomic challenges identified through ergonomic assessments. Work with Ergonomics Program manager to ensure customer satisfaction, lead-time, and product quality are acceptable. Maintain current knowledge of preferred ergonomic tools (e.g., keyboard trays, input devices, etc). Conduct ergonomics workstation evaluations, and implement equipment and furniture recommendations and provide employee education and coaching in safe work practices to prevent injury and illness. Schedule and document evaluations in a timely manner consistent with Apple's Corporate Ergonomics Program Management Plan. Follow up with individuals after ergonomic changes have been made to assess effectiveness of changes. Prioritize workload and respond effectively to requests from a growing, dynamic employee population.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Human Factors and Ergonomics or related field