Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Did you know that Apple is hiring lead engineers for power management integrated circuit chips? We are looking for engineers that are enthusiastic to bring teams together to build power chips! You can lead a IP design teams to implement power ICs and enable production-quality first silicon. The ICs to be implemented include bucks, boosts, buck-boosts, charge pumps, chargers, or LDOs at the chip level. In addition, you will be responsible to work cross-functionally with architects, analog engineers, digital engineers, test, verification, and post-silicon teams to bring the parts to production. Daily work involves collaboration with a diverse international team to execute the implementation of chips from feasibility to production support. The role will enable timely tape-outs with state-of-the-art high quality circuits. Responsibilities include all aspects of top level chip construction of mixed signal content: reviewing IP feasibilities, writing reports, running simulations, triaging issues, and reviewing results with the team.
- Do the following qualifications match your background? We usually look for a minimum of 5 years of experience in industry for production integrated circuits.
- Demonstrated technical leadership with a proven record of bringing chips to production
- Hands-on detailed mixed signal design experience recently
- Detailed schematic and layout review capability
- Strong knowledge of analog IP blocks including DC-DC converter designs and architectures. Also knowing which are suitable for given applications
- Background in battery operated portable devices
- Understanding of power integrity or PDN concepts, recognition of loss components
- Creativity to solve problems from new perspectives
- Excellent verbal and written communications including deep dives with designers and broad impact with cross-functional teams
- Experience in working with international teams
In this role, you will be directly responsible for leading the engineering of high-quality silicon for power management IC chips. The workflow starts with engaging reviews of specifications followed by targeted feasibility studies for specific IPs to come together as a highly integrated power management solution. Responsibilities continue in post-silicon activities to support the parts from bring-up through production. •Define optimum architecture for mixed-signal power ICs in cooperation with architects and platform teams •Steer research and development into new directions •Define requirement specifications for a complete system •Complete feasibility investigations to determine early direction of designs •Analog design and technical leadership of mixed signal projects •Familiarity with low power battery operated products •Understanding of PCB technologies and its limitations •Understand power integrity •Solve issues creatively •Think out of the box
Education & Experience
•MS required or equivalent experience.