Sr Applied Research Engineer, Search Science - Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you wonder how Apple Media Products show meaningful search results? Do you want to be part of scaling Apple's Search features across our Media Products? The Apple Media Products Search Science team is looking for an extraordinary applied researcher to build and enhance features improving discoverability of the content in iTunes Store, App Store, Apple Music, Movies, Podcasts, and iBooks. This team is responsible for improving query understanding, classification, and ranking of search results for App Store, Apple Music, Podcasts, Movies, and iBooks.
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms and Information Retrieval Systems.
- Proficiency in Java or another OO language.
- Scalable data structures, algorithms, and OO software design and implementation skills.
- Experience working with parallel processing technologies such as MapReduce and Hadoop.
- Knowledge of Lucene/SOLR internals or other Information Retrieval systems.
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills.
- Know your way around a Unix command line environment.
You will be responsible for feature engineering and model building for search ranking, query understanding, and improving recall and precision of search results. You will use big data technology to baseline and prioritize content discovery features. You will ensure successful deployment of features and ranking models in production, A/B testing etc. You will work in collaboration with other world-class engineers, researchers, and statisticians to ensure the features and models are functioning at or above expected performance levels. This team writes software for state of the art search and you will be part of bringing the latest in search and discovery ideas to production at a large scale. If you want to craft new ways for customers all over the world to discover content in a rapidly growing catalogue on a range of devices and platforms, this is the place to be.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience, MS or PhD preferred.