Cocoa QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Cocoa team designs and implements frameworks which deliver user level features and developer APIs that are building blocks used by Apple and third parties to craft applications for the Apple platforms. The team products include a wide range of rich functionality in areas such as user interface, text, internationalization, document handling, asset management, data modeling and persistence, concurrency, and operating system interaction. Our team is looking for someone who would like to play a key role in our development process. Are you ready to help us to iterate and expand our evolving continuous build/test infrastructure and test coverage?
- Deep understanding of Continuous Integration/Release methodologies and practices
- Knowledge of QA techniques that cover system, regression, ad hoc, functional, user interface, and integration testing
- You are consistently curious and personally motivated by creative solutions to technical and non-technical challenges
- Self starter and motivator with good communications skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate actively with other teams in the Software Engineering Organization
- You have knowledge in one or more Scripting or Programming Languages including Swift, Objective C, Python, or Shell
- Experience testing object oriented APIs in a reusable framework
- You are a champion of using Unit Tests, Code Coverage, Static Analysis and Code Metrics to expand testing coverage
- Skilled in implementing, deploying and using modules/libraries for automation
- Experience with automating Apple hardware and software
As a quality assurance engineer in the Cocoa group, you will work closely with development engineers to establish and verify quality in the framework design, using Xcode, unit tests, internal tools, third party and Apple applications. This role will have a focus on building tools and services for automating processes, testing and reporting. You should be able to make educated, critical decisions in the absence of complete requirements, and provide timely and accurate progress and status updates. We encourage curiosity and initiative, value diversity, and depend on the ability to learn and grow when approaching new features and technology.
Education & Experience
BSCS Degree or Equivalent