Sr. Software Engineer, Search Platform, Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a Search Wizard? Do you want to be part of a team that touches millions of users search queries around the globe? Apple is looking for experienced, ambitious engineers to deliver the next generation of Siri and instant Video Search on the TV app and Apple Media Products. This is an opportunity to be part of a team which is building and revamping search platforms to craft a best in class video search experience for our customers. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is passionate about search, and is excited about working cross-functionally to deliver the most polished customer experience in search.
- Experience developing high quality, high performance Server Software in Java.
- Experience with HTTP server architecture.
- Experience with Information Retrieval techniques.
- Experience with search technologies and systems.
- Experience with Lucene / Solr or similar search engines preferred.
- Experience with video domain preferred.
- Knowledge of Hadoop/Spark is a plus.
- Deep understanding of server-client protocols, algorithms and data structures.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas and using creative approaches for solving complex problems.
As a member of the Apple Media Products Search team you will be working on various components of the Search platform - search ranking, search query interpretation, language models, index data modeling and pipelines. Responsibilities will include design, development and maintenance of core search components that serves millions of customers worldwide. This role will be responsible for bringing the latest in search and discovery ideas to production at a large scale. If you want to craft new ways for customers to discover content in a rapidly growing catalog on the Apple ecosystem of devices and platforms, this is the place to be.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related domains. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.