Senior Manager of Instructional Design, Media and Technology
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Retail Learning and Development (RLD) is responsible for preparing Retail leaders and team members to accomplish desired business results and accelerate their personal and professional growth. The RLD Instructional Design, Media and Technology team is a group of creative and disciplined problem solvers who design and develop functional training and professional development content that reaches Apple’s retail team members through learning technologies. Apple is looking for a senior manager to join RLD. This position is responsible for the creation and implementation of innovative, modern learning content and technologies that drive connection to our culture, support the customer experience, and enhance the journey of our employees. In addition to leading and developing the teams within the function, they are also a member of RLD’s strategic senior leadership team who is accountable for the success of RLD as a whole.
- 5+ years of experience leading managers of teams who specialize in instructional technology and design and are based in multiple locations
- 5+ years of experience with the following: establishing vision, purpose, and goals, organizational design, change management, talent planning, leadership development, employee engagement, performance management, and leading with operational excellence
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive innovative learning design, development, and delivery philosophies and processes with colleagues, stakeholders, subject matter experts, and L&D team members at all levels within and throughout a global organization
- and instructional workflows/processes
- Extensive experience defining, coordinating and refining learning technology requirements.
- Skill and comfort in determining business requirements of learning technology, capital planning and executive-level stakeholder engagement in these processes.
- Considered to be an exceptional problem solver, negotiator, innovation leader, diversity advocate, and relationship builder
- Has broad knowledge and perspective of current and trending methods organizations used to measure the effectiveness of L&D efforts
- Demonstrated comfort in personally dealing with both ambiguity and paradox as well as helping others do so
Obsessing over learning products that are effective, timely, relevant, and engaging for our Retail employee audience. Contributing to, communicating, modeling, and delivering against the vision, purpose, goals, and measures of success for Apple, Apple Retail, the broader People for Retail organization, and RLD Establishing and/or maintaining the vision, purpose, goals, and measures of success for your team, in alignment with what is established for the entire organization Collaborating with leaders and individual contributors inside and outside RLD to establish, refine, and/or maintain the strategy and approach to learning content development and delivery Ongoing development of the professional and functional/technical skills of the team members of Instructional Technology and Design, at all levels. Working the other RLD senior managers to establish and maintain an effective cadence and methods of communication that connect, encourage, and inform RLD’s managers and team members—implementing the cadence and methods within your direct team Seeing around corners and balancing analysis with intuition to plan for what’s known and unknown, and simultaneously react to emerging business and people needs Empowering managers and individual contributors while providing the right balance of support and direction to ensure their ongoing success Working within an existing process to establish, communicate, implement, and continuously refine an annual budget, talent plan, flexible workforce, and vendor strategy
Education & Experience
A bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technologies, Information Design preferred; masters desired. Experience with Apple products and software required